Christmas

Andrew Wilson andrew at rivendale.net
Fri Oct 18 13:26:32 CDT 2002

Hi

As those of you who were about last year will know, we went to the
Ginger Tree for our annual Christmas/Chanukah/Yuletide/'insert your
festival here' dinner. It seemed to go over well and I think we should

So in the spirit of JFDI and because:

* I like Japanese food
* If someone else doesn't bother Karen is going to get lumbered with
  organising it again

I will now attempt to herd cats. So if you want to go to our
Christmas/Yuletide/Chanukah/'insert your festival here' celebratory
dinner which will be in the Ginger Tree on the second Monday in Dec
(which cal tells me is the 10th), then reply to this message with a yea.

If I'm going to book this I need numbers. So get to replying, if we need
to do deposits, we can sort that out next Thursday.

Please Note: Just because we've already spoken about this and you've
told me you think it's a good idea doesn't mean I've booked you a place.
Places will be booked for people who specifically contact me to say "I'm
going, please book me a place".

No, I don't actually know if it's available on the 10th, we'll find out
when we try to book it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say. I'm organising this and I want to go to the
Ginger tree. If you want to go somewhere else you are more than welcome
to put in a rival bid. If it is successful[1], you will be organising
it.

andrew

[1] Where successful is defined as more people want[2] to go to your
    venue, or on your alternative date.
[2] Given the usual levels of apathy evident on this list I don't fancy
    your chances of convincing anybody to reply, much less agree with
    your crazy scheme[3]. You're still welcome to try :-)
[3] Where crazy scheme is defined as going somewhere other than the
    Ginger tree.
--
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary
and those who don't.