Visiting Belfast for Damian's Talk

Russell Matbouli russell-belfast-pm at futureless.org
Tue Jan 15 17:16:28 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:02:04PM +0000, Smylers wrote:
> > Outsiders, eh? Not sure what our rules are, but I am sure you would be
> > welcome to come over!

I think the rule is one pint of blood for each meeting, plus a one off
donation of biscuits. :)

> Oooh, cheers.

You brings the blood, you takes yer chances ;)

> Ffrom the first mail I read on subscribing to this list, it didn't sound
> like Karen's in Belfast either (unless I've been grossly misinformed
> about the Belfast climate).

Karen is in the Carribean somewhere on the Perl Whirl, rubbing shoulders
with all those people whos books we learn from... We're not bitter, no.

> I don't have a car, so flying it is.  Flying Go from Stansted to Belfast
> International seems to be about 10% the price of flying from Leeds, but
> I'm in London the weekend before anyway so that isn't too much hassle.

NB: Belfast Intl is far away from Belfast. The bus costs something
around a tenner iirc, and a taxi much, much more...

> So my vague plan is to fly London-Belfast on Monday and back again on
> Tuesday.  I've got nothing else planned for those days, so will probably

Do we have exact dates yet? Or venues?

> fly lunchtime-ish on both days (giving me a little time to look round
> Belfast on Monday afternoon without having to get up from friend's sofa

Don't expect too much, unless you're into liquid breakfasts... ;)

> Ideally I'd like to find somewhere to stay not too far from wherever
> Damian's speaking.  Obviously I'd feel much happier to have this
> arranged before setting off.

In case you missed my post, my floor [0] is up for grabs. I currently live
in Belfast, but by then I'll have moved a bit further out, about a 15m
bus ride in to the city, iirc...

[0] Or suitable more comfy place like a sofa... I have a few sleeping
bags too...
--
Russell Matbouli       |
russell at futureless.org |          Europe freed by McDonalds and Levis