Visiting Belfast for Damian's Talk

Smylers Belfast-PM at stripey.com
Mon Jan 14 16:02:04 CST 2002

Stray Toaster wrote:

> Outsiders, eh? Not sure what our rules are, but I am sure you would be
> welcome to come over!

Oooh, cheers.

> KAren, our erstwhile organiser, might be able to tell you more. I am
> not really in belfast, y'see.

Ffrom the first mail I read on subscribing to this list, it didn't sound
like Karen's in Belfast either (unless I've been grossly misinformed
about the Belfast climate).

> Would you be bringing a car over on t'ferry, or flying in?

I don't have a car, so flying it is.  Flying Go from Stansted to Belfast
International seems to be about 10% the price of flying from Leeds, but
I'm in London the weekend before anyway so that isn't too much hassle.

So my vague plan is to fly London-Belfast on Monday and back again on
Tuesday.  I've got nothing else planned for those days, so will probably
fly lunchtime-ish on both days (giving me a little time to look round
Belfast on Monday afternoon without having to get up from friend's sofa
horrendously early, and giving me a vague chance of getting back to
Stansted in time for sundry rail companies to get me into central London
and back out to Leeds before bedtime).

Ideally I'd like to find somewhere to stay not too far from wherever
Damian's speaking.  Obviously I'd feel much happier to have this
arranged before setting off.

> We are more than glad to help out in anyway we can!

Thanks.

Smylers