Bath.pm March 12 Meeting Report

Shevek shevek at anarres.org
Sat Mar 16 13:58:45 CST 2002

I apologised too, on the list!

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Leon Brocard wrote:

> Magnus Huckvale sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> I hope you're not scared by Perl6. A lot of good has come of it (think
> of all the cool new Perl5 modules in the last year which have come
> about just 'cos we were thinking of cool new things) and hopefully
> it'll be a) faster b) easier and c) more popular.

If it gives us threads, I'm game. I think that in general, good
programmers tend to be aware on some automatic level of what "might change
in the future", and not code such that their code breaks if the language
changes a little. I hope I'm one of those programmers. I think that this
point is important. That's why I said it and I lay claim to it. It's mine.

Ta.

S.

--
Shevek
I am the Borg.

sub AUTOLOAD{my$i=$AUTOLOAD;my$x=shift;$i=~s/^.*://;print"$x\n";eval
qq{*$AUTOLOAD=sub{my\$x=shift;return unless \$x%$i;&{$x}(\$x);};};}

foreach my $i (3..65535) { &{'2'}($i); }