Bath.pm meeting minutes

Magnus Huckvale magnus at huckvale.net
Tue Aug 20 16:15:15 CDT 2002

Please join the list if you are not already on it, we should stop
hijacking the BBLUG list.

Present
 o Dr Jon Wilson, Netcraft
 o Magnus, Netcraft
 o Dave, Deep Purple Fansite
 o Andy, Openworld
 o Jason, Interragate
 o Amias, Channer-world
 o Richard, Linux Format
 o Andrew, Amtrak
 o Gary, JG Web Design
 o Mark, Sony
 o Further Openworld bods

Minutes

 o Dave on the CTO recruitment scene
 o Wardriving
    - Can we rent a rickshaw to go round Bath
    - Airsnort
    - GPS: Organise a lead for Jason's Garmin, or a USB one?
    - Dave has a network card
    - We need to build an aerial
    - Digital Camera/Camcorder
    - Chalk
    - Power? Jon has a car battery and an inverter
    - Amias to explain the concept of wardriving to Rickshaw people
       - Can one be blagged?
       - How much would it cost?
 o Magnus's code review
 o Richard dishes out some sample Linux Formats
    - in the name of Market Research
    - Those who went away with copies, please send comments to
    - richard.smedley at futurenet.co.uk
      - Dave suggests £6.50 is a high price
 o Apparently there are perl jokes
    - no-one knows any
    - can we find some
    - or make some up
    - probably not
 o Magnus declares the biggest Bath.pm ever
    - 15 present!
 o Ann Summers and other sex shops are discussed
 o Hackfest
    - Where can we have it?
       - The Bell
       - Other Broadbanded local establishment
       - Local Internet Café?
       - Jon's flat potentially
       - Someone's house - anyone?
       - Magnus' flat, when I get broadband
    - Amias to ask The Bell about Counter-culture synergy
    - Everyone can improve their code
    - Can we do a weekday afternoon/evening
    - Bring your own project
       - Amias and the Earl bot
       - www.broadbandleague.org
       - bath.pm.org website
       - The uber-content analysis website
    - Does anyone have a small, portable printer
    - We should test the network
    - Would be light on booze but we could promise to buy pizza
 o Does everyone prefer the Bell?
    - Is it too far from the station
    - Should we set up a walking bus?
    - The Third Tuesday is now our regular day
 o Everyone to pester Magnus to sort out the website/mailing list
 o Parcel Force are discussed
    - Richard suggests there are trees across the Clifton Suspension
Bridge
 o Magnus and Richard launch into the 'GNU Linux is not usable'
discussion

Action

 o Amias to liase with the Bell
 o Magnus to sort out the website and mailing list
 o Dave to build an aerial for his network card
 o Magnus to source some chalk, research warchalk symbols
 o Magnus to install Airsnort