Bath.pm meeting minutes
magnus at huckvale.net
Tue Aug 20 16:15:15 CDT 2002
Please join the list if you are not already on it, we should stop
hijacking the BBLUG list.
o Dr Jon Wilson, Netcraft
o Magnus, Netcraft
o Dave, Deep Purple Fansite
o Andy, Openworld
o Jason, Interragate
o Amias, Channer-world
o Richard, Linux Format
o Andrew, Amtrak
o Gary, JG Web Design
o Mark, Sony
o Further Openworld bods
o Dave on the CTO recruitment scene
- Can we rent a rickshaw to go round Bath
- GPS: Organise a lead for Jason's Garmin, or a USB one?
- Dave has a network card
- We need to build an aerial
- Digital Camera/Camcorder
- Power? Jon has a car battery and an inverter
- Amias to explain the concept of wardriving to Rickshaw people
- Can one be blagged?
- How much would it cost?
o Magnus's code review
o Richard dishes out some sample Linux Formats
- in the name of Market Research
- Those who went away with copies, please send comments to
- richard.smedley at futurenet.co.uk
- Dave suggests £6.50 is a high price
o Apparently there are perl jokes
- no-one knows any
- can we find some
- or make some up
- probably not
o Magnus declares the biggest Bath.pm ever
- 15 present!
o Ann Summers and other sex shops are discussed
- Where can we have it?
- The Bell
- Other Broadbanded local establishment
- Local Internet Café?
- Jon's flat potentially
- Someone's house - anyone?
- Magnus' flat, when I get broadband
- Amias to ask The Bell about Counter-culture synergy
- Everyone can improve their code
- Can we do a weekday afternoon/evening
- Bring your own project
- Amias and the Earl bot
- bath.pm.org website
- The uber-content analysis website
- Does anyone have a small, portable printer
- We should test the network
- Would be light on booze but we could promise to buy pizza
o Does everyone prefer the Bell?
- Is it too far from the station
- Should we set up a walking bus?
- The Third Tuesday is now our regular day
o Everyone to pester Magnus to sort out the website/mailing list
o Parcel Force are discussed
- Richard suggests there are trees across the Clifton Suspension
o Magnus and Richard launch into the 'GNU Linux is not usable'
o Amias to liase with the Bell
o Magnus to sort out the website and mailing list
o Dave to build an aerial for his network card
o Magnus to source some chalk, research warchalk symbols
o Magnus to install Airsnort
More information about the Bath-pm