[Banking-pm] What does your development environment look like?

alex at owal.co.uk alex at owal.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 01:38:36 PST 2007

> It's no exaggeration to say that in my current role (and one of the
> reasons
> for leaving my current role) the Perl development environment consists of
> Putty, a copy of vi(1), and a development server located on another
> continent.

Actually I find that putty and vi is pretty common and I am quite happy
with it. Sometimes you also get VNC, or Hummingbird eXceed for XWindows.
My development servers are in the same building as me thankfully.

We are also using Eclipse here for java development (and a DB/SQL gui) but
although I tried a perl plugin for Eclipse I dont use it.

(I prefer to use emacs but a lot of the machines dont have it but do have
vi).

(when I say vi I probably mean some clone of vi but I dont think that is
particularly important)

Alex