[Banking-pm] Deutsche Bank

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Nov 3 15:17:25 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 01:27:25PM -0000, alex at owal.co.uk wrote:

> HOWEVER In three different financial institutions I have had to work with
> American software engineers in America and each time I have ended up of
> the opinion that they would not have kept their jobs had they worked in
> London.

Your yankee colleagues almost certainly felt the same way about you.

I'd tend the blame the difficulty in communicating wit hthem.  Even
dealing with someone in the same timezone is hard and can cause horrible
misunderstandings if all you do is use email and the phone.  Meeting
face-to-face and scribbling diagrams on bits of paper works wonders.

And no, video-conferencing and online white-boards aren't the answer.

--
David Cantrell | WARNING: MAY CONTAIN BARYONS

Computer Science is about lofty design goals and careful algorithmic
optimisation.  Sysadminning is about cleaning up the resulting mess.