APM: Networking in greater Texas for Perl Developers

Carey, Austen Austen.Carey at modis.com
Wed Jul 8 11:32:34 PDT 2015

Greetings Mongers!

I am reaching out to the local Austin PM and Houston PM groups to try and network about a large project I have for a client in Austin, TX. I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect place to post job openings.

This is a critical system application that needs 3-5 mid-senior developers. It will have high visibility throughout the organization. I am including some project details below. If anyone would be interested in this please contact me @ Austen.carey at modis.com<mailto:Austen.carey at modis.com> or direct line 512-721-0392

* architect web scale solutions that never drop a message
* write elegant code with tests that guarantee the objectives
* harness open source technology and contribute improvements when possible
* dream up crazy ideas that will inspire teammates to find the right answer

Some of the technologies we work with includes:
* Perl, PostgreSQL, Linux, git
* Moose, Catalyst, DBIx::Class, Exception::Class, Test::More
* memcached, RabbitMQ
* JavaScript, ExtJS
* REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, YAML
* vim, bash, CLI apps

Preference is given to candidates with any of the following experience:
* web development
* QA / automated testing / prove
* event driven programming
* message queuing / job scheduling systems
* security, web site vulnerabilities, phishing attacks
* financials and accounting
* internationalization, encoding systems, Unicode

Thanks,

Austen Carey
Resource Development Manager

5001 Plaza on the Lake, Suite 311