APM: Need ideas for YAPC Arrival Dinner

Todd Rinaldo toddr at cpanel.net
Fri Apr 5 06:55:35 PDT 2013

Austin Perl Mongers,

Typically on Sunday before the conference, an informal "Arrival Dinner" is held. It usually ends up with ~100 attendees. In the past, this has been managed not by the conference, but by URI Guttman. URI may not be in town on time this year, so we're trying to organize it as part of the conference.

I need some venue ideas from you guys that might fit our needs.

Criteria:
1. Low noise (no loud band playing as it blocks conversation)
2. Reasonable menu prices + beer. Alternatively we did a buffet last year and this could work too.
3. Doesn't need to be on top of campus, but needs to be "In Town"

We've tried and thrown out:
1.  Iron Cactus - Too expensive to book the roof and the menu's a little pricey.
2. Scholtz Garten - Prices are good, but they've booked a Sunday Night band that would be right on top of us. They have an alternative, but it's kinda a closed room.

My question to YOU: Do you have any ideas where we could get ~100 people together with the above criteria?

Thanks,
Todd