APM: Activity?

Gary Warman warman.t.gary at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 07:40:22 PDT 2012

Aloha!

I've noticed that this perlmongers group doesn't seem to really get much
activity, if any activity at all. Now, I don't know about you, but I find
that a crying shame. After taking a decent break from perl due to some
personal issues, I'm busy reimmersing myself in the culture, and I know it
would be nice to have a group of people who grok perl local to my area, so,
for those of you who still get these and read them, why not get this
started up again? I must also confess an ulterior motive, as there's a
rather influential developer who is coming to Austin next year, and if we
can get this PM group up and running again, then hell, we can organize
meetups and such, and help initiate new people into the perl lifestyle. But
in the same vein, I can begin organizing a talk and conference with this
guy, as well as a few other folks that I know would love to give a talk.

There's always the YAPC's, but, who wants to wait for a conference when we
can have our own meetups? Austin deserves a perl culture, a perl lifestyle.
Let's give it one!

Thank you,
Gary Warman

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/garywarman>