APM: December Meeting?

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Thu Dec 4 14:26:25 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 02:43:09PM -0600, Paul Lange wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this group and mailing list and have been somewhat
> motivated by having read the recent journal entries by Curtis "Ovid"
> Poe over at use Perl;
>
> You can find them here:
>
> December 3: http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/38010
> December 4: http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/38018
>
> As it seems a certain amount of apathy has set in with respect to the
> Austin.pm community, I would like to propose a December meeting
> discussing this topic.  Or any topic.

You want to talk about "Perl is Dying"?  Or do you want to talk about
ways in which to publicize perl or educate people about perl or what?

If you want to counteract the meme, I suggest taking chromatic up on his
offer to publish "cool thing I did with perl" style articles.  The only
problem is that they appear on perl.com.  That's more speaking to the
echo chamber than otherwise.

Maybe that's what's really needed. A brainstorming session on how to
talk to people outside the perl echo chamber and what to say to them.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com