APM: PERL dbase connect to Teradata

Montgomery Conner montgomery.conner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 20:49:32 PDT 2006

I'll preface my comments by admitting that I know nothing about Teradata DBs
in particular... but why not do it the perly way and use Perl's database
independent module (DBI) with an appropriate driver?  Here's a links to the
DBD::Teradata driver homepage: http://www.presicient.com/tdatdbd/ And here's
a link to the module doumentation on CPAN:
http://search.cpan.org/~darnold/DBD-Teradata-1.20/Teradata.pm

"The DBI is the standard database interface module for Perl. It defines a
set of methods, variables and conventions that provide a consistent database
interface independent of the actual database being used."

-- Tim Bunce

More information on DBI, or to join a mail-list to discuss issues (
dbi-users at perl.org ), can be found here: http://dbi.perl.org

Good Luck!
mc