APM: PERL dbase connect to Teradata

Martie Knauss mdknauss at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 09:03:01 PDT 2006

All,
I'm new to dbase connections and need a little help.
I'm wondering if anyone has had any success connecting
to a Teradata dbase on a LINUX (uname -a Linux
any.old.net 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp #1 SMP Tue Mar 14
16:05:46 EST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux).  I've
used cpan to pull down ODBC::Teradata and install
without issue.  However, when I try to connect the
script dies with no error message.  I've been working
on this for a couple of days and have tried several
things (even reading the README, carefully!).  I'd be
glad to share my experiences so far but, even happier
to find a solution.  Thanks in advance.

Martie