APM: Call for Meeting Topic/Speaker

Jack Lupton itnomad at itnomad.net
Thu Aug 12 15:28:39 CDT 2004

Does anyone have anything interesting to present on? I've been working
with SQL::Abstract and CGI::FormBuilder to try to build a framework so I
could show some of that.

I would be very interested in this as I am currently working my way
through the New Riders book MySQL and Perl for the Web.  I am working on
a particular application, and once I get it working, I am going to want
to use it with a templating system.  I have looked at
Maypole(Apache::MVC), the Templating Toolkit, and a few others.  My
needs are fairly simple, and I am not going to be able to make changes
to the Web servers config file, which leaves out Maypole, I think.  I
want to use Perl, so a mini language like the Templating Toolkit doesn't
interest me much. Suggestions or presentations on Templating systems
would be a really good thing.