APM: Variable to determine OS

David Bluestein II dbii at mudpuddle.com
Thu Jul 18 18:05:58 CDT 2002

Okay, I know I've seen it, but can't remember it. What is the way to
determine what OS Perl is running on? In particular, I want the script to
determine if it is running on Windows or LInux, and do a different action
depending on OS, but I can't remember the trick here.

David

David H. Bluestein II                         President & Lead Developer
dbii at mudpuddle.com                         ii, inc.

http://www.interaction.net
-        Specializing in Designing Interactive Websites        -
-              and Searchable Internet Databases                   -