[Athens-pm] greek chars

Philip Lees pjlees at ics.forth.gr
Thu Feb 27 05:50:52 CST 2003

Mark Pors wrote:

> the following things don't work:
> - save word file as text

If I save Greek from Word as Text with layout (*.ans) it opens fine in a
text editor.

> - copy text from word file and paste in a text editor.

This one works for me with no problem. What platform are you on? What
text editor? ... etc.

What if you saved the texts as HTML directly? No. Don't do that. The
HTML produced by MS Word is NOT HTML by any reasonable definition.

Ob: Perl

If you're interested, I have a script somewhere that uses Win32::OLE to
make MS Word act as a kind of puppet to convert Word documents (or other
formats it can understand) to text files. It appears to work for Greek,
too. That might help you automate the conversion.

Philip
--
Philip Lees
Working Group on Cardiology

tel.: +30-2810-391680, fax: +30-2810-391601, e-mail: pjlees at ics.forth.gr

'The aim of high technology should be to simplify, not complicate' -
Hans Christian von Baeyer