[Athens-pm] greek chars

Mark Pors mark at dreamzpace.com
Thu Feb 27 04:36:23 CST 2003

Hi,

This is a bit off-topic but I'm sure one of you has experience with this.
A translator provides me with text in Greek (real Greek not greeklish) in a
MS Word file.
When I open the word file, it all looks fine, the Greek characters show up OK.

I want this text in a text-file however (to put it into a database later on).
Since normal ASCII doesn't support Greek chars the following things don't work:
- save word file as text
- copy text from word file and paste in a text editor.

So what do I do in order to get this text in a database, and then when I
retrieve it from the database and print it to a HTML page, it shows up in
Greek?

Please help!
Mark