Perl Mongers Meetings

Arthur Corliss corliss at sinbad.net
Sun May 23 23:43:19 CDT 1999

:-)  The meeting went well, despite the smallish turn-out (Out of the 10+
bodies present, at least six were there specifically for the Perl Mongers).

Let me run down a quick list of what we've decided, though:

	1)  We will attempt to have monthly meetings, very likely at Jan's,
	    since he has computers networked and running Linux for
	    immediate tinkering.  Hopefully, the construction at that end
	    of the store will be done, soon.
	2)  Web site:  We will attempt to implement an event calendar w/
	    meeting agendas, a one-liner database, script archives,
	    member databases, etc.  Some will have both public as well as
	    private areas.
	3)  What we'd like to do on future meetings is more book reviews, as
	    well as an intro to at least one module each meeting.  Hopefully,
	    if we can get the class transcribed, we can put them up on the
	    website as well.  :-)

Outside of that, we did do a bit of talking, some jeering and heckling ;-),
Mike Fowler gave a quick review of a good Perl book whose title consistently
escapes me, and so on.  Good time.  :-)  I didn't get out of there until 9:30.

Count on coming next time!

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Roxanne Reid-Bennett wrote:

> Arthur Corliss wrote:
> [...]
> > Okay, quiet ones, how about a meeting on the 22nd, so that we can get
> > acquainted, as well as talk over the various Perl projects we're all
> > involved with.
>
> "oops"  I realized at 8:30 last night that I'd missed this [sorry, we
> were planting the garden].  Hope you all had fun.
>
> Rox
> --
> Roxanne Reid-Bennett                       rox at tara-lu.com
> President, Tara-Lu Corporation     http://www.tara-lu.com/
> "The software required Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux"

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Bolverk's Lair -- http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/