[ABE.pm] YAPC.NA Master Classes

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Sun Jun 10 20:10:49 PDT 2007

* "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2007-06-10T21:38:10]
> I'm interested in taking one of the Master Classes they just announced
> but to do that I've got to change my returning flight and that change
> will cost more than the original round-trip tickets!

What does a one-way ticket cost?  Would it be cheaper to keep your round-trip
and add on a one way?  If so, that is nuts!

The master class stuff was announced, but then some things came up, leading to
the recent changes.

> So the Master Class will cost me about $500 all told.  Are these guys
> worth it?  I know who they are by reputation but that doesn't tell me if
> these guys are any good in a classroom or, more importantly, if I'll
> learn $500 worth of stuff.

I've never had a class with Randal or brian, but they're both really good at
explaining things, and have been making a living selling classes and books for
quite some time.  I think all three of those classes look good for you... I
think.  I'm not sure how much of the Intermedia Perl material you already know
and how much you'd be learning.  Check out the TOC online and see what you
think.  PBP and the persistence talk would probably also be of use.