[ABE.pm] recap

Phil R Lawrence phil at five-lawrences.com
Tue Apr 13 13:42:56 CDT 2004

Not too much happened last night...  But the discussion was quite
interesting for at least 50% of the attendees!  :-)

As for my Tilde::Bin presentation, I had only made it so far as:
   - interface design
   - modular design
   - 5 or 6 tests written

So obviously the night fell to random discussion in short order!

That being said, it was a pretty interesting discussion, that went
something like this:
   - Template Toolkit
   - Apache::Application
   - validation of data
   - object oriented validation of data
   - Switch.pm
   - Wacky Daimian Source filters
   - what can we validate anyway
     - ref type
     - number
     - string
     - isa
     - blah, blah, etc.
   - semantic meaning
   - WWW Browser bookmark organization
   - breakdown of the "tree" method of organization
   - you've gotta make a web of related things
   - commenting on things
   - commenting on comments
   - comments on things no longer existing due to version control
   - searching through commented, web-organized, semantic data

rjbs has a killer name for a pet project of his:  Acropolis.  Acropolis
is a (proposed) system of books, articles, and comments that are
revision controlled and all linked together.  I'm sure rjbs could give a
better synopsis.

Today I saw that Neal Stephenson has a wiki he calls "metaweb."  It just
looks like a wiki to me...  Maybe someone else can see what
differentiates it from other wikis.

prl