[Zurich-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] YAPC::EU::2009 Call for Presentations

Steven Schubiger stsc at refcnt.org
Tue Apr 7 02:30:22 PDT 2009

----- Forwarded message from José Castro <cogurov at gmail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:22:35 +0100
From: José Castro <cogurov at gmail.com>
To: PM Groups <pm_groups at pm.org>
Subject: [pm_groups] YAPC::EU::2009 Call for Presentations

Hi, everyone. Please forward this to your pm groups.

YAPC::EU::2009, the 10th edition of the largest European Perl conference, will
be held in Lisbon, Portugal, from the 3rd to the 5th of August, 2009.

This is the official Call for Presentations and here are the important
deadlines:

 - Deadline for talk proposals: April 30th 2009
 - Speaker notification: May 7th 2009

This year's theme for the conference is Corporate Perl.

Here's what we're looking for:

 - We're looking for talks on how corporate companies use Perl and why;

 - We're looking for talks to fit our beginner's track (if you want to submit
one and don't know what about, reach us at organizers at yapceurope2009.org and
we'll share with you our preliminary draft of an expected beginner's track);

 - And, as usual, there is also enough room for talks that don't fit any of
those groups, so we'll be looking for and expecting dozens of proposal on
everything that is Perl related.

We'll be offering two kinds of time-slots for talks:

 - 20 minutes

 - 40 minutes

If you really need a different time-slot, get in touch with us and we'll see
what we can do.

Speakers may submit multiple talks. All speakers will have their registration
fee waived.

 - To submit a talk, go to http://yapceurope2009.org/ye2009/newtalk

 - If you don't have a user yet, please register at http://yapceurope2009.org/
ye2009/register

For any inquiry, contact us at organizers at yapceurope2009.org, and don't forget
to submit your proposals no later than midnight GMT on April 30th, 2009.

--
Jos  Castro
<http://jose-castro.org/>

Request pm.org Technical Support via support at pm.org