[za-pm] UML in linux

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Sun Aug 7 09:10:20 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have been reading and working through Bhuvan Unhelkar's book on UML
modelling.

[I also have a book on Rational Rose which is a windows application in
this field (but not reading it) which appears to aid in the development
of an analysis of a project being modelled in UML].

So my questions is, do we have a similar applications for linux? I find
things like Dia but am not sure that it goes beyond the actual drawing
of UML diagrams. I presume that projects to be written in Perl, say a
web based app done in Catalyst, would also be modelled in UML in a
professional development environment.

Any comments here. I am just looking for some general enlightenment in
this area.

regards
Anne