[za-pm] Padre IDE

Spike spike at mweb.co.za
Mon Jan 24 04:14:28 PST 2011

I have tried one or two IDE's but they all mean using a non vi interface
and find the other features of vi are just too good to loose.
So use vim and perltidy. Usual run perl -cw <script> before runing
perltidy to avoid a horrible mess.

Vi is very powerful; if you get three vi "power-users" together each one
will be able to name 10 features the other two had never heard of!
And often just simple stuff like <Cmd> - n for word completion or if you
highlight a block in "visual" mode you can automatically get all the
indents correct for your nested blocks by hitting the "=" key or vi +789
<filename> to open the file on line 789

I have aliases set up for:-

alias pc='perl -cw'
alias plt='perltidy -b'

(-b means it works on your love copy and makes a backup)