[za-pm] Greetings

Ewald Horn ewaldhorn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 10:12:59 PDT 2010

Hi folks.

I'm very interested in using Perl to develop a web application and am quite
excited to see there's a mailing list for local Perl developers.

I come from a mostly Java background and am hoping to learn a bit more about
web development that does not involve Java. I see I can deploy Perl-based
apps without needing fancy servers, just a standard web hosting account
seems to be enough to get started. Coming from Cape Town, I enjoy learning
at a nice, slow pace - so no JHB learn-it-in-a-day tactics for me.

I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions, but hey, I reserve the right
to not get something the first time :)

Regards
Ewald