[za-pm] is Perl on the decline?

Winston Haybittle winstonh at mweb.co.za
Tue Apr 6 17:01:59 PDT 2010

Hi Ann & Group
We need clear roadmap for PERL 6, maybe a standards cross platform compiler.
This is definitely not technical issue, maybe management/marketing
optimizations needed. And then there is training and support? I mean PERL
kills PHP hands down?! Modern day architecture with open standards means
that Programming Language/OS lock in is less relevant. People should be
packaging virtual appliances with Perl in the core? As is the norm with the
very best VM appliances.
Winston...