[Za-pm] books on using mysql with perl

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Tue Jul 28 04:59:28 PDT 2009

Walter, hi,

Thanks for the tip. You will see how clueless I am from the following
question.

Is DBI the same as DBIx::Class (DBIC) format? - (I only copy words from
my book) - which is the Catalyst way to go it seems. I have to follow
the main track at present.

I have the new Catalyst book en route in the mail and am looking
forward to it.

I have been working through the earlier Catalyst book by Jonathan
Rockway. I liked that & the path that it followed, but it was flawed
with too many typos, deprecated things like TTSite and Bindlex, and lack
of support (downloadable code not complete and updated,
disparate errata, apparent unwillingness of the community to support
it further). Well I realise there must be issues behind the scenes, but
looking on the positive side it has got me going and given me much
exercise in getting the examples to work. I'm not complaining.

regards & thanks
Anne