[Za-pm] books on using mysql with perl

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Jul 27 04:59:39 PDT 2009

Hi, Tielman & others,

I was wondering if there was a 'best buy' that anyone could recommend.
The O'Reilly books are  always my first choice but I am not married to
them.

I am not a mysql (or perl) fundi, but need something to help me out. I
am currently building up my app in Catalyst using DBIx::Class.

From the O'Reilly current mysql list I saw the 'MySQL Cookbook', (love
the Perl equivalent) but wondered if something more basic like 'MySQL
In A Nutshell' would be better.

Other titles I see are 'Learning MySQL', 'Managing & Using MySQL'

My requirements are not likely to be too complex in that is a simple
commercial app, & I need the perl aspect more than the MySQL one.

any suggestions will be carefully looked at.

bestest
Anne