[Za-pm] Anyone interested in an OS South African project? (a.k.a. keeping this list alive)

Pieter le Roux pgp at consys.co.za
Fri Sep 23 14:40:15 PDT 2005

Up to now I have been using database design tools that run on Window$ because
I could not find any similar Open Source products - they are either too
complicated or too simple.

The tools I have used are:

X-Case (http://www.f1tech.com/xCase/) - dropped that because the upgrades are
expensive and the program (or Window$) crashes at least once a day.

At the moment I am using Case Studio (http://www.casestudio.com) and it works
fine, but it is the only program I use on a PC (personal computer) - I realy
want to upgrade the PC to a BC (business computer) .

I have designed/developed or got from CPAN most of the bits and pieces needed
to develop a similar product - I use Xase Studio's xml output to  integrate
with DBI and Catalyst but  it  would be nice to have a system with a GUI like
Case Studio running in Perl that will generate DBI (or Class::DBI) and
Catalyst::Data modules.

The part I really need help with is the GUI.

Anyone interested in helping?