[Za-pm] books

Nico Coetzee nico at itfirms.co.za
Fri May 30 12:33:25 CDT 2003

I have never paid customs duty - even when the total value exceeded R1000 -
personally I don't knoe if it should be an automatic thing, or do the customs
trust you to fill in some form? I honestly don't know, and every person you
ask has a different story :-|

Anyway - I read the the story on the two URL's, and I must say, I havn't
experienced anything like they describe. I order books - ussually from
Amazon.com - and within two to three weeks I get the postoffice note. I then
go pick up the books, and that's it. My average order is well in excess of
$40 ( or R400 ), so I really don't know...

Weird how these import stuff works - but for me, it's still a mystery.

--
Nico Coetzee

http://www.itfirms.co.za/
http://za.pm.org/
http://forums.databasejournal.com/

To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide a
test load.