[Za-pm] Recommended Perl Books

Allen Baranov perl at linux.za.net
Wed May 28 06:06:24 CDT 2003

Hi,

> The third edition of the Camel is now available. At 1092 pages, it's
> nearly doubled in size. It must cover topics in a great deal more depth
> than it used to. Has anybody read it?

Yes, I have it...I haven't read it cover to cover but it is a great
improvement over edition 2. It doesn't do the "Chapter one - very basic"
"Chapter Two - very complex" jump.

It is much more logically structured and much easier to read.

I don't recommend it to people who have the camel book already but I do
recommend it to perl programmers. If possible try get edition 3 over edition
2.

Allen Baranov