[Za-pm] mod_perl 2.0 (use CGI replacement)

Nico Coetzee nico at itfirms.co.za
Tue May 27 06:50:45 CDT 2003

> Hi there
>
> I'm rather new to this list and not a Perl guru (yet) :)
>
> Here is my problem.
>
> Under mod_perl 1.0 is was able to do the following.
>
> use CGI;
>
> my $cgi = new CGI;
> my $temp = $cgi->param('form-value');
> print $cgi->header();
> #rest of page here.
>
> Now with mod_perl 2.0 they recommend adding the following to make it run.
>
> use Apache2;
> use Apache::compat;

Mmm.. No such modules on CPAN so I guess this is pure mod_perl stuff. I do however belief that the old techniques should still work, as the CGI module relied on HTTP protocol, which has not changed. Mayube there is somebody in here that's got a little more time on their hands to test this...

> OK All fine it will work like that, but what is the new way of doing it. Is
> there a new module like CGI for mod_perl 2.0 or do it have to send headers
> manualy en pull the %ENV appart to get http params. The CGI module is so
> much easier. :)
>
> I was looking around on perl.apache.org for an answer and don't know where
> else to look.
> On google I only get people telling on how to use Apache::compat.

I basically found the same :( It seems the new methods are still very new.