[Za-pm] mod_perl 2.0 (use CGI replacement)

Deon Bredenhann dax at compuscan.co.za
Tue May 27 02:24:00 CDT 2003

Hi there

I'm rather new to this list and not a Perl guru (yet) :)

Here is my problem.

Under mod_perl 1.0 is was able to do the following.

use CGI;

my $cgi = new CGI;
my $temp = $cgi->param('form-value');
print $cgi->header();
#rest of page here.

Now with mod_perl 2.0 they recommend adding the following to make it run.

use Apache2;
use Apache::compat;

OK All fine it will work like that, but what is the new way of doing it. Is
there a new module like CGI for mod_perl 2.0 or do it have to send headers
manualy en pull the %ENV appart to get http params. The CGI module is so
much easier. :)

I was looking around on perl.apache.org for an answer and don't know where
else to look.
On google I only get people telling on how to use Apache::compat.

Any ideas.
Thanx

Deon Bredenhann
Network Manager
CompuScan Information Technologies (PTY) Ltd
Tel: +27 21 8832332
Fax: +27 21 8832336
Call centre: 0860111011/0861514131
Email: dax at compuscan.co.za