[Za-pm] Re: Za-pm digest, Vol 1 #15 - 1 msg

Dallas G fuzzylogik at webmail.co.za
Mon May 26 09:56:01 CDT 2003

Hi,

as with most languages, its what suites the problem

>1) libraries I write in perl can be used from the command line easily:
>I can write a library and use it in a cron job and in a web page.
so can php, i run several cron jobs every hour, all php, with no performance
loss

>2) php programmers generally have a poor idea of the seperation between
>code and interface. They put db queries straight into their table
>layout code and other such things.
i have seen many programmers do this, even perl programmers

>I'd much rather have a clear template
>library that does simple variable substitution, and keep all the logic
>in the cgi equivalent.
one can the do the same with php,

it all depends on the programmers skill and experience

so PHP vs PERL
its a matter of choice, what do you feel more comfortable with, or forced to
use

Dallas