Perl, SMS and MTN (was: Re: [Za-pm] Intros (Giancarlo Contrafatto) )

Nico Coetzee nico at itfirms.co.za
Fri May 16 15:05:01 CDT 2003

Mmmm... Can you please tell me how compliant our ISP's are with/in terms of:

 * SMPP ( http://search.cpan.org/author/SAMPO/Net-SMPP-1.03/SMPP.pm )
 * GSM::SMS (
http://search.cpan.org/author/JOHANVDB/GSM-SMS-0.161/docs/README.pod )

I would prefer to use SMPP, as it's the industry standard protocol - but one
never knows...

I require to sustain a SMS sending que of 20 messages per second, which
basically illiminates the use of GSM modems.

GENERAL SUGGESTION: If we create a project, we could code a SMS Solution that
anybody can use :)

PS: I don't want to use LEAF

Cheers

--
Nico Coetzee

http://www.itfirms.co.za/
http://za.pm.org/
http://forums.databasejournal.com/

To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to provide a
test load.