[Za-pm] Intro's

Steve Cox -dig steve at dig.co.za
Thu May 15 13:10:25 CDT 2003

On Thursday, 15 May 2003 19:35, Nico Coetzee wrote:
> In the mean time, how about some introductions? I would like to know where
> you all are ( physical city ) and what you do full time. This purely
> optional, but might proof interesting none the less. It would also help me
> plan a meeting later on - deciding on the city etc. I would also like to
> hear some suggestions as to what you think about a general annual meeting.
> If our numbers permit, I can also spread the za.pm workload in areas such
> as mailing list admin, web site maintainer(s) etc - please give me your
> thoughts on these issues.
>
> To practice what I preach - here goes:
>
> I an in Johannesburg and full time employee of First National Bank as a
> Perl programmer in the Linux Team. The rest of the time I stay out of
> trouble by working on various unfinished projects - and even try to spend
> some quality time with my wife.
>
> Cheers

I am in Edenvale, Joburg, Manager Power Semiconductor Division, Advanced
Product Technology, we sell Power Semiconductors, imagine electronics like
transistors diodes etc x 100 in power. Like the smallest thing we sell starts
at about 25amp 1200Vrrm kinda, up to around 4000 amp in a single device. If
you wanna look check www.aptsa.co.za

I run Linux at home, Mandrake9.1 cooker on a small lan (4 boxes) connected
with adsl. So far I have managed to get one linux machine in at work, a rh6.2
box as firewall for adsl.

I write and try to improve my knowledge on webpage design (on Linux only), I
use php a lot lately, but like to use perl as well for cgi stuff. I am
integrating bash as well lately, and the whole mix is really exciting running
off Linux OS.

Regards
Steve Cox.