[Za-pm] perl & XML

Alastair Stuart al at quirk.co.za
Mon May 12 15:04:45 CDT 2003

Hi Perl People

Anybody done any serious tinkering with XML ?

I am having problems deciding on a good XML Writer - XML::Writer seems OK and
works well with SAX, but it is quite clumsy & inelegant.  I have now switched
to using Mason as an XML templating engine, which is nice, especially if you
like Mason - but still feels like building XML in an HTML way.  XML::XPath is
nice for creating small chunks of XML, but like XML::DOM, is very BAD and not
possible for generating large XML docs, and i sure we all know why ..

Oreilly's XML & Perl is seriously outdated already, has not even entered the
XML::SAX::Machines paradigm for XML processing.

How are you all doing your XML -

anticipating some good feedback

Ta
Al