[Za-pm] perl -> MS SQLserver

Spike spikeh at mweb.co.za
Fri Jun 27 05:30:41 CDT 2003

All working fine!

M$ SQL is a pain but I now have a perl script on my LINUX box that queries
a MS SQLservr 2000 database onon an NT box.

I am useing the Sybase::DBD module which happily talks to MS via the TDS
protocol with no ODBC cluients in the way to complicate and slow things down.

Hell - I think I shall have the rest of the day off

Thanks Oscar for the pointer to freetds.org

At 2003/06/26 12:44 PM, Oskar Pearson wrote:
>Hi
>

> > It's not the best software on earth, by the way - do some
> > extensive testing to ensure it's not giving you bogus results;
> > I've had problems with, for example, very very large numbers
> > being fed back wrong.
>
>Sorry to reply to my own reply. Just a note that the above was
>with freetds 0.53-7 - I don't know if later versions are
>better.
>
>http://www.freetds.org/
>
>Latest version is 0.61.
>
>The numbers were numeric(18,0)s, if I remember correctly.
>
>Oskar
>--
>Oskar Pearson <oskar at qualica.com>
>Qualica Technologies (Pty) Ltd