[Za-pm] [art001] comments

Nico Coetzee nico at itfirms.co.za
Tue Jun 10 13:42:38 CDT 2003

On Monday 09 June 2003 10:36, Nick Cleaton wrote:
> > http://za.pm.org/articles/001/index.html
>
> That's a nice introduction, just a couple of comments about some
>
> of the code:
> > print "\'$_\' " foreach @ARGV;
>
> You don't need to escape the singlequotes there, and I think
> the extra backslashes make it more confusing than it needs to
> be.
>
>   print "'$_' " foreach @ARGV;

Of course you are right :) My excuse (this time) - it was late... hehe

> > for ( $t = 1; $t < 5; $t++ ) {
>
> That's the C way of doing for loops, it can be written in Perl
> as:
>
>   for $t ( 1..4 ) {

I will add the alternative. Believe it or not, I find it easier to keep to the
C style for some reason.

> ... which might be less confusing for those without a C
> background.
>
> A couple of typos:
> > # A hash is similar to a hash, whith the distinct difference that the
>
>   # A hash is similar to an array, with the distinct difference that the

I confess - I'm not at all the worlds greates speller, and it seems the Quanta
Spell Check isn't perfect either :) I will correct these with the next run.