[Za-pm] Script

Bartho Saaiman bartho at cae.co.za
Wed Jun 4 07:46:13 CDT 2003

Hi Oskar.

Your assumption that the log lines are wrapped is correct. If I use my
previous bash script I get the same as with this perl script that you
suggest.

I need to filter this file in such a manner that it only displays the
email of the person that the mail originated from and obviously there
might be more than one email address. If I use
awk '{print $8, $9, $10}' it returns the values for column 8, 9 and 10
from the input file. What I want is to only have the emails
(user1 at domain.co.za, user2 at domain.co.za etc.) to be filtered to an
output file which I could use for accountting purposes.

Does this make more sense??

:)

--
# Bartho Saaiman