[Za-pm] Re: Za-pm digest, Vol 1 #21 - UPDATE

Dr Giancarlo Contrafatto contrafa at biology.und.ac.za
Mon Jun 2 05:21:51 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 11:20, Nick Cleaton wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 11:16:45AM +0200, Dr Giancarlo Contrafatto wrote:
> >
> > I'm having a hard time, right now, to get modules to function at all.
> > The literature I've perused so far, hasn't helped much.
>
> Maybe we can help.
>
> What exactly is it that you're trying to do, and what are the problems
> you're seeing ?

Thanks Nick;

well, none of the modules I've tried to "use", so far, functions. I have
the feeling it is due to the PERL locale in my directory tree, although
it is a default RH 8.0 installation.

I don't actually have the code at hand (it's on my home machine) so, I
can't give you an accurate transcript. The situation, though, arises
within scripts. The debugger/compiler message is, usually, something to
the effect that there is some item or other that cannot be loaded (seems
to be different things for different modules) and then a list of *.pm
found in @INC (i.e /usr/lib/perl/5.08/ and subdirectories). Needless to
say, I've investigated the lines of the modules where this happens and
I've tried to make the AWOL components available by moving them within
the path.

I guess, it is best if I retreive the code I was using for testing (and
the messages), from my home machine, and post them here tomorrow
morning.

Thanks for the help.

ciao

--
any woman would like to be faithful.
The difficulty is finding a man to be faithful to. Marlene Dietrich