TPC Arrivals Dinner: Sunday June 18

James E Keenan jkeenan at pobox.com
Thu May 18 10:14:24 PDT 2017

Arrivals Dinner

Sunday, June 18 2017, 6:00 pm EDT

A TPC (f.k.a. YAPC) tradition.  The night before the first full day of
the conference, the conference attendees -- *not* the conference
organizers -- organize a dinner whose focus is

* to get you a good meal and drinks after a day of travel; and

* to enable you to meet your fellow attendees in a relaxed and friendly
environment.

This is *an* arrivals dinner but not necessarily *the* arrivals dinner.
It's also a tradition that others who prefer smaller crowds and/or a
more vegan-friendly menu organize an Alt Arrival Dinner
(https://github.com/dcbpw/tpc-2017-dc/wiki/Alt-Arrival-Dinner).

I have been conducting Internet searches of restaurants near the
conference venue and hotel and have spoken with several locations.  We
generally need a venue that can handle an influx of 30 or more people at
6:00 pm on a Sunday and can then accommodate 20 or more people arriving
over the course of the next two hours.  I will post details of my
inquiries by Sunday May 21.  I have opened this wiki page:

https://github.com/dcbpw/tpc-2017-dc/wiki/Arrivals-Dinner

Once more details are available we'll then convert this page into a
sign-up sheet so that we can provide the venue with a projected count of
attendance.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan