TPC Arrivals Dinner: Sunday June 18

James E Keenan jkeenan at pobox.com
Thu Jun 1 10:46:27 PDT 2017

On 05/18/2017 01:14 PM, James E Keenan via yapc wrote:
> Arrivals Dinner
>
> Sunday, June 18 2017, 6:00 pm EDT
>
> A TPC (f.k.a. YAPC) tradition.  The night before the first full day of
> the conference, the conference attendees -- *not* the conference
> organizers -- organize a dinner whose focus is
>
> * to get you a good meal and drinks after a day of travel; and
>
> * to enable you to meet your fellow attendees in a relaxed and friendly
> environment.
>
> This is *an* arrivals dinner but not necessarily *the* arrivals dinner.
> It's also a tradition that others who prefer smaller crowds and/or a
> more vegan-friendly menu organize an Alt Arrival Dinner
> (https://github.com/dcbpw/tpc-2017-dc/wiki/Alt-Arrival-Dinner).

I have posted details on the wiki for an Arrivals Dinner featuring
Lebanese cuisine at a venue located close by the USPTO Conference Center.

https://github.com/dcbpw/tpc-2017-dc/wiki/Arrivals-Dinner

I encourage you to sign up on the Wiki here:

https://github.com/dcbpw/tpc-2017-dc/wiki/Arrivals-Dinner#attendees

... so that we can give the restaurant an accurate head count as early
as possible.

(And while you're visiting the Wiki, feel free to let us know when
you'll be arriving in town --
https://github.com/dcbpw/tpc-2017-dc/wiki/Arrivals-and-Departures#arrivals
-- and where you'll be staying --
https://github.com/dcbpw/tpc-2017-dc/wiki/Where-People-Are-Staying)

Want a more vegetarian-focused dinner?  Consult the Alt-Arrival-Dinner page.

Hope to see a lot of new and old faces at the Arrivals Dinner ... now a
mere 17 days away!

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan