YAPC::NA 2017?

Chris Prather chris at prather.org
Tue Jun 28 08:48:39 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:43 AM Tyler MacDonald via yapc <yapc at pm.org>
wrote:

> I live three hours north of Toronto and and going to be traveling over the
> summer so I still can't carry the RFP torch. Is the documentation for this
> from YAPC::NA 2005 still available?
>
> That said, if I had the time this summer, I'd put together a proposal of
> Ann Arbor or Detroit just for the fun of it not being a repeat. :)

I'd heard noises that Detroit may be putting in a bid *anyway*, talk to
David Hand to see if those rumors are even close to being true.

As for repeat cities. Orlando has now had it twice, Chicago twice,
Pittsburgh thrice ... with someone suggesting (but not volunteering) that
YAPC::2018 should be in Pittsburgh for the 20th anniversary. So not only is
it not against the rules, there is plenty of precedence.

-Chris