YAPC::NA Schedule is available

Karen Pauley karen at martian.org
Tue Mar 31 21:07:39 PDT 2015

On 1 April 2015 at 12:37, Mike South via yapc <yapc at pm.org> wrote:

> The announcement at FOSDEM 2015 if I understand correctly.  That was Jan
> 31-Feb 1 (source https://fosdem.org/2015/schedule/ ).
>
> The dealine for proposals for YAPC::NA was Jan 15.  (Source
> http://blog.yapcna.org/2014/12/15/yapcna2015-slc-call-for-papers-is-open/ )
>
> To address this problem, speakers would need to have predicted the content
> of Larry's talk fifteen days before the deadline for YAPC::NA.

The deadline for YAPC proposals was extended to the 1st March.  The
plans for Perl 6 would have been known by the core team before Larry's
announcement at FOSDEM so I'm not sure those dates had an impact on
the talks proposals that were received.

> One thing you can do personally is attend the Perl 6-centric hackathon
> listed at this previously-posted url:
> http://www.yapcna.org/yn2015/hackathons.html (there is registration link
> there).

Yes, there will be a Perl 6 Hackathon on the Thursday.  Larry will be
there along a number of key developers.

[snip]

> A Perl 6 BoF that took the form of a Q and A with a panel might be just the
> ticket.

There is going to be a Q&A session with Larry Wall on the Tuesday
afternoon.  Do you think that there should be a Perl 6 BOF in addition
to this?

If yes, I can see about having it arranged.

All the best,

Karen