dha is the catalog!

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Wed May 29 21:25:52 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 02:52:26PM -0700, John Haugeland wrote:

> Also, his bad movies are actually really good.  They're like movies that
> someone was dared to make.  Give them a chance.  It's not like we're
> talking about Hammer Films here.  :)  If you think Plan 9 from Outer Space
> is the worst movie of all time, I recommend a good solid showing of Legend
> of the Seven Golden Vampires, or other unrelated classics like Attack of
> the Killer Tomatoes Part 3 and Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD.

I had an argument once with a friend who taught film about Ed Wood being
an auteur. I claimed he was, as his films had a clear stylistic and
thematic consistency. He claimed he wasn't because his films were awful.

And, my lord, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was bad enough. They made
THREE of them?

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Unicode is a scary story that mothers tell their children so they won't