my movie choices

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Mon May 27 20:54:21 PDT 2013

On 05/27/2013 11:38 PM, David H. Adler wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 12:57:31PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
>> hi all,
>>
>> having scanned dha's limited catalog :), here are my choices for the
>> first flick. i will leave it to the bad movie lovers to choose the
>> double feature. reply to the list with just the movie or two you
>> want (edit out the rest). somehow we will tally up the votes.
>>
>> these are in alphabetical order except for the first one which is an
>> all time fave of mine. i am skipping all the tv series with a few
>> notable exceptions.
>
> I am shocked, *shocked* that you want to see The President's Analyst.
> :-)

one of the most unknown films that deserves more fame. i have to tell
you about the great t-shirt design that was made by the film group at
mit. it was the old bell symbol (a blue bell in a circle) but with a
crack like in the liberty bell. i still have the shirt but won't wear it
anymore.

> I will wait to see what people vote for before I throw in my 2 cents.
> Personally, I'd be thrilled if people wanted to see some of the
> classics. People don't watch enough of those.

the truth. we may have to force feed them. i was at a bbq party today
and heard someone misspeak 'walk on glass' instead of 'walk on grass'.
of course chinatown came to mind immediately. the people around didn't
know of that flick at all. i told them nickelson, dunnaway and one said
they had to see it. film ejumication!

> And, I forget if it was actually on the list or not (and I'm too lazy to
> look), but, as good as I Was A Male War Bride is, I happen to prefer
> Bringing Up Baby. IWAMWB does have Some wonderful comedy from Cary
> Grant, but it doesn't have a baby leopard. Or Katherine Hepburn, for
> that matter. Or a dinosaur skeleton.

i agree baby is funnier but i didn't see it in your list. i see it now.
i wanted to keep only a few b&w in the list (wife has a thing for color
movies. a shame!). and i love kate. even better with kate and grant (and
stewart who won an oscar) is philadephia story but that is more a
sophisticated comedy than a farcical romp.

anyways, no one has stepped up to vote on the main flick. i am fine with
analyst and it is also hysterical as well as goofy. james coburn is a
fave of mine. i recently learned he was the grandson of charles coburn.
i often wondered if they were related.

thanx,