stuff you may have missed at yapc::austin

Josh Cox uberthoth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 17:19:31 PDT 2013

>glad to be home with daytime temps around 75F and nice breezes. ahhhhhhh!<
>>I believe in Texas they call that cool spring weather.<<

Oh lord yes, hi's @ 75 and nice breezes,
   As for this summer heat we call that 'hotter than hades' just like
the rest of you.   There are three really unpleasant months in Texas.
June is the first of them, we Texans like to spend this time in or
near bodies of water with copious amounts of frosty cold beer applied
liberally internally. But the rest of the year (after August is done
cooking us) is much more akin to a yankee summer for about nine months
it's really pleasant with the average temp usually not far from
t-shirt weather with a freeze once in a blue moon (just like summer in
Michigan).  I've heard that this yapc::na is stuck in this month, so
I'd like to encourage everyone to think about a workshop or something
in Austin in spring or fall when the sinusoidal range of temperatures
goes from 62 - 72.

Cheers!

Josh Cox
1105 W. Oltorf
Austin, TX 78704-5328
(432) 466-9688
(512) 441-5269

efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. (Robert A.
Heinlein)