new worst movie ever??

Stephen Wilcoxon wilcoxon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 10:17:36 PDT 2013

I do see some interesting patterns in your numbers for shark fatalities
though (assuming they are all accurate).

Two-thirds as many people were killed in 2001-2010 as were killed 1959-2000
(10 vs 16 (26-10)).  Of those killed in 200x, at least 9 were killed after
2005 ((18 > shark kills 1948-2005) meaning 0 or 1 were killed 2001-2005).
 Florida is probably the state with the highest chance of fatal shark
attack.

It does seem to indicate that fatal shark attacks have been much higher
recently than historically (though still very low - at most 10 deaths
2006-2010)...