[yapc] Baby XS to get you started

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Fri Mar 23 01:00:02 PDT 2012

Joel Berger will give a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:
     I am no expert in XS, nor am I am expert in C, but events conspired
     to force me to learn. What I found is that while XS can be used as a
     language all its own, it can also look and feel very much like C.
     In this talk I will present a minimal subset of XS needed to get
     started. I will present some “easy” idioms and rules-of-thumb to
     keep XS from becoming overwhelming. Best of all, its still real XS,
     so you can add all the full-power XS you want later!
     If you would like to learn enough to start a small XS project, come
     see this talk.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]