[yapc] Perl in a Trading Environment: A Multi-Pronged Success Story

YAPC::NA Director admin at yapcna.org
Sun Mar 11 00:00:03 PST 2012

Sean Blanton will give a talk at YAPC::NA_2012 described as:
     Perl has proven itself in our start-up trading strategy in many
     different areas: system and application administration, networking,
     data collection, reporting, website and recently analytics with PDL.
     For every task, we have evaluated the best tool for the job and
     decided on Perl because of the wide variety of available **tested**
     modules, and the ability to share code for very different tasks.
     Perl’s close relationship with C is a big plus. A set of generic
     services built up using Moose and Bread::Board has been particularly
     effective for code reuse. All of this helped reduce implementation
     time and free resources for other tasks, such as strategic analysis
     and planning, which in turn helped accelerate revenue growth.
[From the YAPC::NA_Blog.]